The global microphytes market size is projected to showcase prominent growth owing to the increasing application of the product in fertilizers. This information is published by Fortune Business Insights™ in an upcoming report, titled, “Microphytes Market Size, Share & Industry Analysis, By Product type (Spirulina, Chlorella, Dunaliella Salina, Red Aphanocapsa, Others), By Application (Food, Feed, Pharmaceuticals, Biofuel) and Regional Forecast, 2021-2028.” The market for the substance is witnessing high demand, which is backed by its increasing applications in various end-user products, such as fertilizers, biofuels, and functional food for human consumption.
Covid-19 has massively affected all aspects of mankind including trade. Economies around the world have been paralyzed due to nationwide lockdowns in various countries of major regions. The microphytes market has witnessed negative growth during the pandemic period due to the decreasing demand from the end-user industries.
Get Sample PDF Brochure (Includes COVID-19 Impact Analysis):
Fortune Business Insights™ lists out a few of the renowned companies present in the microphytes market. They are as follows:
- DIC Corporation
- Focus Technology Co., Ltd.
- Algaetech Group of Companies
- Cyanotech Corporation
- Australian Spirulina, sjn AG
- Fuqing King Dnarmsa Spirulina Co., Ltd.
- Dongying Haifu Biology Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Dongtai City Spirulina Bio-engineering Co., Ltd.
Our Sample Report Includes:
- 2021 Updated Report Introduction, Overview, and In-depth industry analysis
- COVID-19 Pandemic Outbreak Impact Analysis Included
- Provide Chapter-wise guidance on Request
- 2020 Updated Regional Analysis with Graphical Representation of Size, Share & Trends
- Includes Updated List of table & figures
- Updated Report Includes Top Market Players with their Business Strategy, Sales Volume, and Revenue Analysis
- Facts and Factors research methodology
(Note: The sample of this report is updated with COVID-19 impact analysis before delivery)
What Does the Report Offer?
- Deep research into the upcoming market opportunities;
- Granular evaluation of the market drivers, trends, and restraints;
- Microscopic analysis of all individual market segments; and
- Thorough examination of the regional developments and competitive dynamics of the market.
Highlights of the Report:
The report comprises segmentation of the market on the basis of product type, application, and region. In addition to this, it offers a detailed analysis of the companies based on their financial positions, product portfolios, and growth strategies. Apart from this, the report includes a comprehensive study of the core competencies of the key players and their market share to anticipate the degree of competition.
Drivers & Restraints-
Increasing Application in Biofuel Production to Drive Growth
The world’s vision of a sustainable future relies heavily on biofuels. They are considered as a potential alternative to petroleum fuel and have shown promising results in the development stage. Spirulina microalgae, one of the types of microphytes is considered as a possible candidate for biofuel production. For instance, according to the National Center for Biotechnology Information, the substance has registered a biofuel efficiency of up to 99.3%. The increasing applications of these microphytes in biofuel production are anticipated to drive the microphytes market growth.
In addition, the increasing demand for fertilizers developed from the product is estimated to further strengthen its demand. However, the surging extraction of microphytes could dramatically impact aquatic life, which is not sustainable in the long run. Moreover, the cost of development of fertilizers utilizing the microalgae is comparatively higher than the traditional alternatives. Such factors are predicted to hinder market growth.
By Product type
- Dunaliella Salina
- Red Aphanocapsa
- North America (USA, Canada)
- Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (Japan, China, Taiwan, India, South Korea, Southeast Asia and Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa (South Africa, GCC and Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
We have categorized the market on the basis of type, application, and geographic location. In terms of type, the market is divided into spirulina, chlorella, dunaliella salina, red aphanocapsa, and others. Based on application, it is fragmented into food, feed, pharmaceuticals, and biofuel. On the basis of region, it is segmented into North America, Europe, South America, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East & Africa.
Inquire Before Buying This Research Report:
Fortune Business Insights™ helps you identify track and stay ahead of your competition through our competitor research studies, our services include:
- SWOT Analysis
- Competitor Monitoring
- Observational Research
- Competitor Intelligence
- Competitors Profiling
Key Questions Answered:
- What are the key demands and trends shaping the market?
- What are the key opportunities in the market?
- What are the key companies operating in the market?
- Which company accounted for the highest market share?
- What is the market size and growth rate of the global and regional market by various segments?
- What is the market size and growth rate of the market for selective countries?
- Which region or sub-segment is expected to drive the market in the forecast period?
- What Factors are estimated to drive and restrain the market growth?
- Why Choose Fortune Business Insights?
Surging Demand for Organic Fertilizers to Strengthen Demand in Asia Pacific
Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the microphytes market during the forecast period. The increasing demand for organic fertilizers from countries including India and China backed by a high rate of cultivation in these countries is expected to boost the adoption of microphytes in the region. In addition, constant efforts of emerging nations to enhance the application of biofuel and reduce their dependence on fossil fuels are predicted to further strengthen the market growth.
North America is expected to hold a significant market share in the projected timeline. The increasing awareness among consumers regarding the benefits of microphytes on human health is projected to propel the demand for the product in the region.
Research & Development to Help Key Players find New Applications
Prominent enterprises operating in the microphytes market are focusing on research and development of microalgae in order to find new applications of the substance in various end-user industries. For instance, in February 2021, Smallfood Inc., a microbial ingredient company based in Canada, announced that the company has found a new strain of microalgae that can be perfected to a novel protein source. The new strain can be grown in seven days using the company’s fermentation technology. It is looked upon as the new alternative for meat.
In January 2019, Algae World Inc. announced its expansion in Bangladesh. The new production facility will be developed to focus on finding new applications in pharmaceuticals, biodiesel, and nutraceuticals.
View Related Reports:
Fortune Business Insights™ delivers accurate data and innovative corporate analysis, helping organizations of all sizes make appropriate decisions. We tailor novel solutions for our clients, assisting them to address various challenges distinct to their businesses. Our aim is to empower them with holistic market intelligence, providing a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune – 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US :+1 424 253 0390
UK : +44 2071 939123
APAC : +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]
Connect us via Social Media Channels: