The global semiconductor glass market size is set to enter a phase of accelerated expansion on account of the speedily rising adoption of mobile phones worldwide, states Fortune Business Insights™ in its report, titled “Semiconductor Glass Market Size, Share & Industry Analysis, By Substrates (Borosilicate-based, Silicon-based, Ceramic-based, Fused Silica/Quartz-based, Others), By Application (Solar Battery, Light Emitting Device, Electronic Switch, Other), By End Use (Electronics, Automotive, Medical, Aerospace & Defense, Solar) and Regional Forecast, 2021-2028”. According to a recent study by the Pew Research Center, of the more than 5 billion mobile phone users today, over 2.5 billion use smartphones. Across the 18 developed economies surveyed by Pew, a median of 76% own smartphones, while in emerging economies the median was found to be at 45%. The disparities notwithstanding, the study indicates the strong penetration and proliferation of smartphone usage worldwide. Semiconductor glass wafers are crucial components in the manufacturing and functioning of electronic devices as these materials act as a carrier substrate that allow the safe handling of semiconductors, which have a thin, delicate structure. Thus, the widening uptake of consumer electronics, especially smartphones, is expected to open new growth avenues for this market.
Humanity is trying to grapple with the unexpected explosion of the COVID-19 pandemic that has damaged the global economy in a manner not known in anyone’s living memory. It has triggered widespread supply-demand disturbances and has caused unprecedented social, political, and economic anxiety worldwide. Several sectors, industries, and markets are experiencing a period of deep stress and unbearable apprehension. In such dire circumstances, businesses are in a desperate need for holistic insights into the impact of the coronavirus outbreak on different markets. At Fortune Business Insights™, we aim to provide just that. Based on our experience and expertise, we offer market research reports with high-quality market analysis to enable your business to tide over these challenging times.
Get Sample PDF Brochure (Includes COVID-19 Impact Analysis):
Fortune Business Insights™ lists out a few of the renowned companies present in the semiconductor glass market. They are as follows:
- Visionox Company
- TCL Technology
- GTAT Corporation
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co.
- AGC Inc.
- Sumco Corporation
- Siltronic AG
- LG Electronics
- Corning Incorporated
- JOLED Inc.
Our Sample Report Includes:
- 2021 Updated Report Introduction, Overview, and In-depth industry analysis
- COVID-19 Pandemic Outbreak Impact Analysis Included
- Provide Chapter-wise guidance on Request
- 2020 Updated Regional Analysis with Graphical Representation of Size, Share & Trends
- Includes Updated List of table & figures
- Updated Report Includes Top Market Players with their Business Strategy, Sales Volume, and Revenue Analysis
- Facts and Factors research methodology
(Note: The sample of this report is updated with COVID-19 impact analysis before delivery)
What Does the Report Offer?
- Deep research into the upcoming market opportunities;
- Granular evaluation of the market drivers, trends, and restraints;
- Microscopic analysis of all individual market segments; and
- Thorough examination of the regional developments and competitive dynamics of the market.
What Does the Report Offer?
- Unrivalled evaluation of all possible segments of the market;
- Microscopic assessment of the key players’ profiles and strategies;
- Granular analysis of the market trends, drivers, and constraints; and
- Actionable regional insights and research into market opportunities.
US-China Tech War May Restrict Market Growth
The semiconductor glass market growth is likely to get impeded by the on-going trade and tech war brewing between the US and China. Expounding the possibility of Chinese tech companies spying on the US, the Trump administration began imposing tariffs on Chinese goods worth USD 200 billion in 2018. In September 2020, the US government went a step further and announced its plans of imposing export quotas on China’s largest semiconductor producer, Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation. According to a letter drafted by the electronics industry group, SEMI, tightening of restrictions on Chinese tech giants such as Huawei will create massive disruptions in the global semiconductor supply chains and have a severe impact on the US technological landscape. These restrictions will have a spillover effect on the market for semiconductor glasses as the adoption of these materials is critically linked to the larger semiconductor industry. Furthermore, the coronavirus outbreak has already disrupted global trade dynamics and the recent discovery of a new strain of the virus will inevitably raise panic and force countries to be extra cautious. Together, these developments will hamper the growth of this market in the immediate future.
Strong Presence of Semiconductor Manufacturers to Propel the Asia Pacific Market
Geographically, Asia Pacific is expected to lead the semiconductor glass market share in the forthcoming years due to the robust presence and operations of semiconductor companies, mainly in China and Taiwan. Moreover, a rapidly expanding consumer electronics industry, particularly in Southeast Asia, will generate multiple opportunities for market players.
North America is set to occupy the second-largest position in the global market, backed by the extensive production and utilization of microchips in the US. In Europe, the major growth driving factors will be the steadily rising investments by EU countries in renewable energy sources and rollout of 5G infrastructures in the region’s dominant economies.
- Fused Silica/Quartz-based
- Solar Battery
- Light Emitting Device
- Electronic Switch
By End Use
- Aerospace & Defense
- North America (USA, Canada)
- Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (Japan, China, Taiwan, India, South Korea, Southeast Asia and Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa (South Africa, GCC and Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
Inquire Before Buying This Research Report:
Fortune Business Insights™ helps you identify track and stay ahead of your competition through our competitor research studies, our services include:
- SWOT Analysis
- Competitor Monitoring
- Observational Research
- Competitor Intelligence
- Competitors Profiling
Key Questions Answered:
- What are the key demands and trends shaping the market?
- What are the key opportunities in the market?
- What are the key companies operating in the market?
- Which company accounted for the highest market share?
- What is the market size and growth rate of the global and regional market by various segments?
- What is the market size and growth rate of the market for selective countries?
- Which region or sub-segment is expected to drive the market in the forecast period?
- What Factors are estimated to drive and restrain the market growth?
- Why Choose Fortune Business Insights?
Development of Solutions for Advanced Technologies to be a Key Feature of the Market
With technologies undergoing constant evolution, key players in this market are shifting their focus towards engineering solutions that can tap the opportunities spawned by advancements such as virtual reality. The arrival of these technologies has been a boon for the semiconductor industry and markets associated with it as they have pushed companies to innovate and diversify their offerings.
- May 2019: Corning Incorporated announced the development of a glass wafers having a diameter of 300 millimeters in select refractive indexes. Designed and optimized for augmented reality, the new wafers boast the largest size of refractive indexes available in the market and are expected to reduce manufacturing costs for semiconductor producers.
View Related Reports:
Fortune Business Insights™ delivers accurate data and innovative corporate analysis, helping organizations of all sizes make appropriate decisions. We tailor novel solutions for our clients, assisting them to address various challenges distinct to their businesses. Our aim is to empower them with holistic market intelligence, providing a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune – 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US :+1 424 253 0390
UK : +44 2071 939123
APAC : +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]
Connect us via Social Media Channels: