The global underlayment market size is expected to grow substantially in the forthcoming years owing to the use of floor covering by commercial and residential construction industries. These are of huge utility as their purpose is to provide a smooth, flat surface for the floor covering. These are made of many different materials, such as plywood, hardboard, and cement board. These are few of the common choices by the construction industry, states Fortune Business Insights™, in its report, titled, “Underlayment market size, share & industry analysis, By Type (Foam, Felt, Polyethylene, Rubber, Cork, Plywood, Others), By Application (Tile Flooring, Laminate Flooring, Hardwood Flooring, carpet Flooring, Vinyl Flooring, Others), By End-Use (Residential Buildings, Commercial Buildings) and regional forecast 2021-2028”. To give floors cushioning, there is a significant rise in the demand for cork underlay rugs. This helps in eliminating dents and deformities of the floor. Apart from that, it also provides sound insulation and resistance to heat and moisture.
The rising demand for underlayment has led companies to come up with new innovative products to help the market grow. Leading manufacturers, such as Torlys introduced one such innovative underlay material in the year 2020, which will be easy to use as it is a self-adhesive and doesn’t require external glue to stick. The brand is named Versalay. It is compatible with the floor heating system, smoothes out the floor irregularities, and is 1.8 mm thick material that will provide comfortable cushioning to the floors.
Underlayment manufacturing companies are in a dire situation due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. Since this industry comes under non-essential services, it was shut during the lockdown period, and also construction works were at a halt, which impacted the market growth negatively.
In these times of unprecedented stress, as economies continue to report dismal numbers, we, at Fortune Business Insights™, aim to equip businesses with comprehensive impact analysis of the current pandemic on different markets, based on our expertise and experience in market intelligence.
Request PDF Brochure:
Fortune Business Insights™ lists out a few of the renowned companies present in the underlayment market. They are as follows:
- Rubber Flooring Inc.,
- Amorim Cork Composites
- A. Bestlaminate.
- Sound Seal
- WE Cork Inc.
- Alpha Pro Tech Ltd.
- Kinetics Noise Control Inc.
- ACG Materials
- TORLYS Inc.
- Mayur Wovens Private Limited.
- AP. Roofing Inc.
Our Sample Report Includes:
- 2021 Updated Report Introduction, Overview, and In-depth industry analysis
- COVID-19 Pandemic Outbreak Impact Analysis Included
- Provide Chapter-wise guidance on Request
- 2020 Updated Regional Analysis with Graphical Representation of Size, Share & Trends
- Includes Updated List of table & figures
- Updated Report Includes Top Market Players with their Business Strategy, Sales Volume, and Revenue Analysis
- Facts and Factors research methodology
(Note: The sample of this report is updated with COVID-19 impact analysis before delivery)
Highlights of the Report
The report contains an unmatched analysis of the flooring underlayment industry. It provides strategies to increase growth opportunities and revenue of the market. Additionally, regional analysis, mergers and acquisitions, project economics, future trends, along with the challenges that are affecting the growth of the market are also mentioned in the report. It provides deep information about the market share, its size, sales, and also offers a comprehensive analysis of the impact of COVID-19 on the underlayment market.
Rising Commercial Construction to Drive the Market Growth
A specialized range of products has expanded the market significantly. Earlier, only carpet used to dominate, but the ascent of rigid LVT products in recent years have taken the market as these are soundproof in nature.
In commercial constructions, these are of huge importance, especially in corporate and hospitality sectors, where people are occupying multiple levels, and ceilings are lower in height.
The other dominant factor for the rapid growth of this market is tighter timelines and high pressure on the construction industry for several years. Also, too often, it’s concrete curing is forced to yield. As commercial construction happens over a period of time, moisture and salt hamper the concrete. To prevent this, the underlayment industry has developed a range of solutions, from moisture barriers and sealants to rapid-drying and adhesives underlay materials, which is also easy to install. All these properties are positively impacting the market growth.
Asia Pacific to Dictate Fueled by Rapid Urbanization and Rising Number of Renowned Companies
The Asia Pacific is in the top position, owing to its regional players located in India and China. These two developing countries are rigorously involved in construction and manufacturing for boosting their economy. According to a report by PRB, both China and India are expected to have an urban population of 340 million by 2030. This will create tremendous opportunities and new ideas in the construction industry, both for commercial and residential purposes. Using underlay materials in multistory buildings, specially cork ones, helps in reducing the sound steps or any sort of noise both within the room and in the space below.
On the other hand, the European region is also keeping up the pace in the market as it is expected that 3.3 million homes will be constructed in the next 14 years. By the year 2030, the U.K. is expected to spend USD $6TN on construction works, which, in turn, will promote the demand for underlayment in the region.
- Тіlе Flооrіng
- Lаmіnаtе Flооrіng
- Наrdwооd Flооrіng
- Саrреt Flооrіng
- Vіnуl Flооrіng
- Residential Buildings
- Commercial Buildings
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (Japan, China, Taiwan, India, South Korea, Southeast Asia, and Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa (South Africa, GCC, and Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
Based on type, the market for underlayment is lassified into foam, felt, polyethylene, rubber, cork, and plywood. By application, it is divided into tile flooring, laminate flooring, hardwood flooring, carpet flooring, and vinyl flooring. By the end-user type, the market is segregated into residential buildings and commercial buildings. In terms of geography, the market is categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa.
Inquire Before Buying This Research Report:
Fortune Business Insights™ helps you identify track and stay ahead of your competition through our competitor research studies, our services include:
- SWOT Analysis
- Competitor Monitoring
- Observational Research
- Competitor Intelligence
- Competitors Profiling
Key Questions Answered:
- What are the key demands and trends shaping the market?
- What are the key opportunities in the market?
- What are the key companies operating in the market?
- Which company accounted for the highest market share?
- What is the market size and growth rate of the global and regional market by various segments?
- What is the market size and growth rate of the market for selective countries?
- Which region or sub-segment is expected to drive the market in the forecast period?
- What Factors are estimated to drive and restrain the market growth?
- Why Choose Fortune Business Insights?
Key Players to Maximize Profitability by Launching New Products of Their Brands
Florock Polymer Flooring dispatched its new FloroSurface line of practical, economical, and useful underlay products for minimum repair and smoothening of concrete surfaces. These can also be utilized under an assortment of floor covering items, such as woods, tile, and carpets. These were launched in June 2017, and these new launches will assist the organization in meeting its customer needs and will help to expand its product portfolio.
Underlayment Market Developments:
- February 2020: Torlys Inc. launched VersaLay Underlayment, a new specialty underlay. This new product is the self-adhesive underlay for Direct Glue LVT floors. It can be used for solid installation without using glue. This new product will help the company to expand its product portfolio.
- April 2019: Alpha Pro Tech, Ltd. announced the launch of TECHNO SB 25, TECHNO SB ULTRA synthetic roof underlayment, and REXTREME door flashing and premium window. This new launch will help the company to expand its product portfolio in the synthetic roof underlayment market.
- June 2017: Florock has announced the launch of FloroSurface line underlayment. This new product will help the company to meet the demand of the consumer and to extend its product portfolio.
View Related Reports:
Fortune Business Insights™ delivers accurate data and innovative corporate analysis, helping organizations of all sizes make appropriate decisions. We tailor novel solutions for our clients, assisting them to address various challenges distinct to their businesses. Our aim is to empower them with holistic market intelligence, providing a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune – 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US :+1 424 253 0390
UK : +44 2071 939123
APAC : +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]
Connect us via Social Media Channels: